| View Comments ]

(model Stephanie Gordon modeling a 1950s bathing suit)

A few days ago, I received an email from Emiene Wright from Fatty Bum Bum Designs telling of a plus sized vintage fashion show. I was immediately excited as I am for any fashion show but especially those that are geared towards fat women. Unfortunately, my location doesn’t allow me to be sitting front row doing my best Anna Wintour impression behind sunglasses. However, if you are in or around the Miami area, make sure to mark your calendars!

Here’s a blurb about the event:

“Frugal fashionistas don’t have to go to New York to enjoy a Fashion Week-worthy event. Angel’s Vintage Boutique is hosting Miami’s only Plus Size Vintage Fashion Show and Sale Saturday Sept. 12 at 4308 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami 33137. Unique, beautiful, affordable dresses from the ’50s to the ’80s in sizes 0-22. Complimentary alterations and refreshments. Fashion show starts at 2, but for best seats and selection come early. Contact Emiene Wright, 786-566-1085 or fbumbum@gmail.com, for more details.”Complimentary drinks and vintage clothing that spans over 3 decades? What more could you ask for? Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me!
If any one of my readers attends, be sure to take photos and email them to me at musingsofafatshionista@gmail.com. I would love to post them here on the blog!

blog comments powered by Disqus