| View Comments ]


Yesterday, Lane Bryant debuted their new ICON collection. Said to be ‘straight off the runways of Paris, Milan and London,’ the collection is ‘designed for the woman who seeks a higher level of sophistication, offering her the epitome of luxurious style in exclusive designs. Featuring unprecedented attention to detail and craftsmanship, the icon Collection includes modern interpretations of classic styles that make a bold, upscale statement.’ Sounds impressive, huh?


With new competitors like Igigi and Anna Scholz, I see Lane Bryant decided to step up their offerings for the modern and sophisticated woman. Initially, my interest were definitely piqued. Although after seeing the teaser lookbook images, I was not convinced that this wasn’t just more of the same. So did the collection live up to the hype?




I’d have to give them a B-. I see some good things happening but nothing that we haven’t seen before. I do think that it is hard to push the design while still trying to maintain your core audience. I applaud LB for their attempt. Its nothing that makes me want to shop at Lane Bryant more than the few times I usually do, but then again I’m 24 years old and my taste in clothing hasn’t quite reached the sophisticated level. However, I’m keeping my eye on that checkered coat and long black coat as well.


On another note, I was more excited to see Ashley Graham and Crystal Renn featured as models!


If you haven’t, be sure to go to Lane Bryant’s site and view their new catalog and let me know what you think!

blog comments powered by Disqus