| View Comments ]

While we’re on the subject of plus size clothing on the runway, let’s talk about Elena Miro’s fall 2009 collection. Elena Miro is the only label to show at Milan Fashion Week that caters to the plus sized consumer.


“The Elena Miro Woman is trendy, dynamic and well-informed and has no intention of missing out on what fashion in offering in standard sizes.”


That perfectly describes myself and everyone that reads this blog. We are all Elena Miro Women. Its exciting that a label is out that has the same outlook about fashion as we do! While everything they produce isn’t my cup Of tea, its incredibly fashionable. The fall collection was a prime example of this. Using luxurious fabrics like chiffon, lace and satin, the collection was quite feminine and had a elegant sophistication about it. I could definitely see myself wearing it in the future when I’m out of my ‘all-black, studded and torn’ phase.






As well as a runway collection, this season Elena Miro is offering a Sport collection. Full of impeccably made basics like turtlenecks, riding pants, knits and accessories perfect for layering when the weather gets cold.





While browsing their site, I also noticed a catalog section which features looks not seen on the runway nor in the Sport collection. I’m not sure what collection these belong to but I’m loving the color story, especially those turquoise gloves!





Unfortunately they do not have a store in the US, so the chance to see the clothes in person are slim to none. However, the label is based in Italy so all my Italian readers are in luck! Also, if you find yourself in the UK, Harrod’s carries the line as well.


What do you guys think of Elena Miro?


(text and images from Elena Miro; Other images from Adversus.com)

blog comments powered by Disqus